Aliens: Earth War, a very quick review



We left off being reacquainted with Warrant Officer Ripley at the end of BOOK TWO. Where had she been? Earth War tells us.... She'd been awoken from hypersleep almost immediately after ALIENS the movie ended. Yes, a whole 'nother starship was following the Sulaco to make sure the mission went well and specimens were snatched. The crew of this ship kidnapped Ripley for her expertise and for some reason she got stuck for several years working with them while Newt grew up.

It's all a bit of a stretch. A big stretch. The story in this one wasn't terribly compelling and it *Spoiler alert* turns out that all that telepathic activity may not have been the alien queen entirely, but a 'jockey' alien that had followed them back to earth in Book One. I dunno... All very weird.

The art was certainly its own style, but not one that agreed with me. I also didn't appreciate the colouring. Nor did I appreciate the choices - for theatrics I suppose - of drawing the few fledgling marines faced off against a literal wave of aliens on the planet. It looked ridiculous, not cool. That they survived was also ridiculous.

It WAS fun, however, getting to read through this series when as a kid I think I only had the second and third book of the 4 part series. But that was it.

In the end earth is saved and yet another little girl gets rescued by not just Ripley but also Newt. How poetic.

I'd give this series 2.5/5 stars. If you'd like to purchase it, here it is:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001TGJMJ4/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_U_x_uj5qEbMCD02CN

To listen and view a reading a VOD of this by me, check here: https://youtu.be/wmuNrJjNX3A



Thanks all for stopping by. Feel free to follow me on Twitch.tv to see more geeky goodness!

Past VODs are all at the YouTube channel I linked to above.

And I also hope your conscience towards God has been stirred. You can ask Him questions at a website I'm still constructing - www.HeHasAnswers.com - and even read what I've written thus far regarding the irrefutable evidence of His existence.

God bless you and good night!

Comments